The Great Falls Association of REALTORS® showcases a variety of unique talents and skills. Review the committee responsibilities below and find your perfect fit. Contact the Association Office (406) 453-2752 to be directed to the Committee Chair.
Budget & Finance
This committee develops the annual budget for presentation to the Board of Directors and Members. Researches non-dues revenue sources and monitors balance of income to expenses. Meets regularly on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
- 2022 Chair: Pam Davidson, Century 21 Shea Realty
- 2022 Co-Chair: Jose Canales, ERA Advantage Realty
The Government Affairs Committee keep members informed as to political activities and promotes private property rights. The committee solicits contributions for political interests and the issues mobilization fund, determining where funds might be best used for candidates or issues relevant to the real estate industry. Meets as needed.
- 2022 Chair: Terry Thompson, Great Falls Association of REALTORS®
- 2022 Co-Chair: Kelly Ecklund, Keller Williams
Great Falls REALTORS® Flag Project
A separate non-profit company from GFAR, we partner with the Montana Air National Guard to keep the flag repaired, flying, and manage fundraising efforts. This committee coordinates the annual Flag Day celebration on June 14th at Overlook Park as well as a golf tournament in the Fall. Meets as needed.
- 2022 Chair: Kim Martin, Stockman Bank
- 2022 Co-Chair: Randy Simonich, ERA Advantage Realty
Grievance & Professional Standards
The Grievance Committee reviews Code of Ethics complaints and refers valid complaints onto the Professional Standards Committee. You must be a REALTOR® in good standing for three years before you can serve on the Grievance Committee. The Professional Standards committee is a hearing panel that hears matters of unethical conduct by members and provides arbitration as requested. You must have served on the Grievance Committee for two years before you can serve on Professional Standards. Meets as needed.
- 2022 Grievance Chair: Tracy Johnson, Dahlquist Realtors
- 2022 Grievance Co-Chair: Russ Wutzke, ERA Advantage Realty
- 2022 Professional Standards Chair: Jeff McPartlin, McPartlin Realty
MLS Advisory Board
The members of this board must be Participants (Broker/Owner) of the MLS or the Participant can appoint a designee from their firm to represent them. The board oversees rules and policy decisions, MLS software and equipment used by REALTORS®. The advisory board meets quarterly on the first Wednesday at 10a.m.
- 2022 Chair: Kristi Holmlund, Holmlund Properties
- 2022 Co-Chair: Melissa Dascoulias, Dascoulias Realty Group
The REALTOR® Political Action Committee (RPAC) encourages REALTORS® to raise and spend money to elect candidates who understand and support their interests. The money to accomplish this comes from voluntary contributions made by REALTORS®. These are not members’ dues; this is money given freely by REALTORS® in recognition of how important campaign fundraising is to the political process. RPAC enables REALTORS® to support candidates that support the issues important to their profession and livelihood. Meets as needed.
- 2022 Chair: Lorie Jean Schult, Dascoulias Realty Group
- 2022 Co-Chair: Charlie Weber, Century 21 Shea Realty
YPN (Young Professionals Network)
The Young Professional Network is a valuable resource for those who want to build relationships with peers, advance their careers, and make a difference in their industry, community, and local association. REALTOR® Magazine launched the YPN in 2006 as an outgrowth of the popular “30 Under 30” feature with the goal of helping the younger generation of REALTORS® build a stronger link with the real estate industry and expand networking and business opportunities. It’s not required you be under 30! Meets regularly on the 2nd Tuesday of every month.
- 2022 Chair: Beth Blessing, RE/MAX of Great Falls
- 2022 Co-Chair: Kaia Ecklund, Keller Williams Northern Montana Realty