What do Members Get for Their Dues Dollars?
Value of Membership
As a REALTOR you understand how valuable you are to your clients, but have you taken a moment to understand how valuable your REALTOR association is to you?
The associations at the local, state, and national levels have a multitude of benefits and services to educate you, help you run your business smoothly and effectively, and save you money on products you need for your business. The core purpose of an association is to inform and assist members, to favorably promote the real estate industry, and protect private property rights.
Association Member Benefits & Services:
Full Time Staff/Association Leadership
- GFAR employs personnel who are knowledgeable, professional and courteous.
- CEO is a certified Professional Standards Administrator and certified MLS Level 2 Executive.
- GFAR has contracted with both an Association and MLS attorney to protect the association.
- GFAR has 12 Board of Directors, elected by the members to govern and drive the association.
- Continuing Education Program – 70+ credits offered annually.
- Partner with other local boards to cost share national speakers.
- Partner with affiliate members to provide industry related education.
- Provide courses in topics approved by the Board of Realty Regulation in real estate, property management and appraisal.
- Opportunities to pursue designations locally.
- Promote and sponsor the Graduate REALTOR® Institute (GRI) held annually in Montana.
- Provide REALTOR® safety training.
- Training for Grievance and Professional Standards to promote and maintain high ethical standards of conduct within the real estate profession for the protection and benefit of the public and our membership.
New Member Orientation
- Provide new members 12 hours of education to kick start their knowledge of what it means to be a REALTOR® and the benefits of being in a professional trade industry. Includes training on the rules, MLS software program and forms.
- Member newsletters and bulletins that provide resources and tools for emerging real estate issues and trends.
- Public and member facing website. Provides consumer information and resources for buying, selling, and researching properties. Members can access meeting minutes, event calendar, industry related information, and links to local and state sites pertinent to real estate.
- Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram accounts. Places to network and receive information related to what’s happening at a local, state and national level.
- Weekly meetings with informational speakers and industry related announcements.
- Quarterly business meetings: two luncheons and two evening mixers.
- Young Professional Network (YPN) who conduct networking opportunities, mentorships and community projects.
- Members can participate on committees that interest them as to contribute to the decisions of programs and services the association provides membership.
- Provides members an opportunity to develop leadership skills to rise to the level of State and National positions.
- Lead the weekly member meetings to further engage with membership.
- All members are encouraged and provided the opportunity to become leaders in the organization.
- Annually two or three members are selected to attend a leadership development conference free of cost to them.
REALTOR® and Rookie of the Year Recognition
- Members are chosen and recognized by their peers for their commitment to the association on a local, state and national level as well as their service and in involvement in the community.
- Knowledgeable staff and volunteers advocating for REALTORS® interests at city and county meetings.
- National, state and local calls for action announcements provided to members in multiple formats.
- Up-to-date information and legislative alerts on regulatory and judicial rulings affecting the real estate industry.
- Lobbying efforts supported by RPAC on the members’ behalf to protect the housing industry from over-regulation and increase annual income potential by protecting real estate business interests.
- Key contact program in place where members contact state legislators on bills and issues that impact property rights.
- A coalition of industry related businesses was organized to improve housing and business development to the community. The Development Process Task Force has been successful in working with the City to resolve issues with the building community.
- Fundraising activities that provide members an opportunity to get involved and give back to the community from which they derive their livelihood.
- Community service projects and charitable fundraising for various non-profits.
- The NAR Placemaking, Housing Opportunity and Smart Growth grants are available to local applicants through the association.
- Equal Opportunity through Fair Housing information is provided to the community during the month of April.
- Montana Fair Housing provides annual training at GFAR.
Grievance, Arbitration, Mediation and Ombudsman Service
- Maintain standing committees on Grievance and Professional Standards.
- Screen and process ethics complaints from members and the public.
- Arbitration services provided to handle compensation issues.
- Mediation services provided as an option to avoid a professional standards hearing.
- Ombudsman services provided as an option before a complaint is filed.
Meeting Room/Equipment Use
- Members receive a discounted rate to rent the meeting rooms and equipment.
- A non-profit community project the GFAR REALTORS® have provided the community since 1984.
- Provides the association recognition for giving back.
- The Flag is taken to schools, the 4th of July Parade and various sporting events to promote patriotism.
- An essay writing contest for 4th graders is held annually. Cash prizes are awarded to students and teachers.
- Conduct an annual Flag Day event for the community on June 14.
- Fundraising events include an insert in the NW Energy bills and an annual golf tournament held in September.
Robert E. Manning Foundation
- A member funded foundation specifically to provide education to REALTORS®.
MLS Member Benefits & Services:
GFAR members are offered MLS services through the Montana Regional MLS of which GFAR is an owner. By the MLS providing the following benefits and services there is a significant cost savings to the members. Brokers would have to pay two or three times more equipment and software if they were to independently purchase these services.
- MLS software program
- Realtor Property Resource
- Access to comparable data and statistics
- Lockboxes and SentriSmart application provided
- Flex and forms training provided
- IDX Data feeds provided
- Broker bulletins and meetings
- Direct Assistance/Customer Service
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) is America’s largest trade association, representing 1.4 million members, including NAR’s institutes, societies, and councils, involved in all aspects of the residential and commercial real estate industries.
As a member of the world’s largest trade association, you have access to NAR’s REALTOR Benefits® Program, the official member benefits resource for savings and special offers on products and services just for REALTORS®. Program Partners are industry leaders who understand the unique needs of real estate professionals and are committed to your success. Whether for your professional or personal needs, turn to the REALTOR Benefits® Program before you shop. Program categories are: Personal Insurance, Electronics & Mobile Technology, Travel & Automotive, Risk Management, Marketing Resources, Office Supplies & Services, Technology Services, Transaction Management, and Educational Tools.
In one year alone, over 800,000 REALTORS® gained an edge by taking advantage of at least one NAR REALTOR Benefits® Program offer, saving over $63 million.
The National Association of REALTORS® created the MVP Program to encourage members to take Actions that will benefit NAR and its members, as well as to reward members for being an active participant in their Association. Active involvement is the best way to maximize your membership, as well as the best way to make the Association and all our members more successful. And, those members who take the most active role are rewarded with resources that can continue to strengthen their own business.
The National Association of REALTORS® is proud to offer you the Center for REALTOR® Financial Wellness, a new resource designed to help you understand your financial planning options and prepare for the future, one step at a time. No matter where you are in your career or stage of financial planning, we have something for you—budgeting tools, retirement planning resources, information about investing in real estate, and more.